Visit the National Smile website for your chance to win Sonicare toothbrush for your child daily until June 19.
Take part in the National Smile Month daily competition until June 19 and your can win a Kids sonic toothbrush or a Sonicare AirFloss which will make cleaning your child’s teeth easier thanks to Philips Oral Healthcare.
All you need to do is click here and answer a question about dental health and there will be a different question everyday during National Smile Month and a new chance to win every day.
By visiting the National Smile Month website you can find out how you and your kids can achieve better dental health.
Here are some tips to consider to help improve your children’s dental health
* Make sure you help brush your child’s teeth for them until they reach the age of seven
* Fizzy drinks, smoothies and juice should only be given as a treat because they contain lots of sugar.
* Try and stick to milk and water at other times.
* If children consume fizzy drinks, smoothies and juice, give them a straw to drink through.
* Restrict sweets, fruit juices, smoothies and fizzy drinks to weekends
* Encourage your children to drink water after meals and snacks and use a child’s mouthwash to wash away the acid
* Don’t brush their teeth until an hour after eating or drinking
* Try and wean children off drinking milk from bottles by the age of one (or after they start eating proper food and certainly by the age of 18–24 months)
* Children should not take a bottle or feeder cup to bed
* Drinking juices from a feeder cup should be avoided
* Use a pea sized amount of fluoridated toothpaste on your child’d toothbrush and brush their teeth twice a day.