Christine Brinkley – Dental Implants
Christine fractured two molars in a helicopter accident whist on holiday skiing. Her injury was treated using dental implants, which are the next best thing to a real tooth. Contrary to common belief, the ‘implant’ does not refer to a new tooth, but a new tooth root. A small titanium screw is placed into the gum, integrating with the bone and securing it in place. Following this, a crown (tooth), is placed over the top.
Christine was extremely content with her implants, saying ‘I am grateful for the dental implant technology that feels and looks so natural’.
Some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- They’re unobtrusive – there’s no need to take them out before bed or to take any special measure to care for them. Implants and crowns become a perfectly natural part of your mouth and therefore can be cared for in the same way as natural teeth. They feel exactly like natural teeth and roots.
- The posts that are fitted into your gum are made from titanium. As this is a biocompatible material, your body is not at risk of rejecting them.
- Implants help preserve your jawbone, preventing further loss of teeth in the future.
Tom Cruise – Invisalign
Tom Cruise underwent Invisalign treatment and even sported the aligners on the red carpet! Invisalign is a great option for those who want to keep their treatment in the down low, as the aligners are clear-coloured and discreet.
Principal dentist, Dr Paul Lowe himself, has a Masters degree in dental implantology as well as 15 years of experience with replacing missing teeth. If you are in need of a dental implant, please do not hesitate to contact us to make an appointment. Or if you would like any additional information on the treatments listed here, we will be happy to advise you.
Simon Cowell – Teeth Whitening
Many celebrities have had their teeth whitened – the list is endless…
Teeth whitening has grown increasingly popular over the last decade, especially in such an image-conscious society.
Although there are DIY options to carry out at home, this is strongly ill-advised, as an at-home treatment cannot be bespoke, exposing you to gum damage from the whitening agent used.
Celebrities rumoured to have had veneers…
Demi Moore and Cheryl Cole are amongst the celebrities who are rumoured to have had veneers. What are veneers? Falling under the umbrella of ‘cosmetic dentistry’, veneers are thin layers or porcelain are attached to your front teeth by your dentist. The procedure requires 3 visits to the dentist which include a consultation, a preparation appointment where some of your tooth enamel will be removed and finally, a bonding appointment. You can read more about veneers on our website.
Benefits of veneers include:
- Having straighter teeth.
- Natural-looking restored, healthy-looking teeth.
- Imperfections like gaps and stains are eliminated.