It’s almost the end of another year, and maybe you’re thinking about what kind of changes you can make going into 2017.
Here are a few advice pointers going into the new year:
- Make check-ups with your dentist and hygienist a priority. Your dental hygienist and dentist have separate roles and both play an important part in your dental health routine.
- Never make excuses for not brushing – it’s so easy to avoid brushing but this often transforms into a regular pattern and soon enough you’ll find yourself brushing only once a day which increases your chances of developing gum disease by 33%.
- Invest in an electric toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes do a much more effective job at brushing your teeth than a regular toothbrush, which does not have the capacity to cover all tooth surfaces.
- Floss regularly (at least once a day). Flossing enables you to target the food particles and bacteria that sit in-between your teeth and is hard to access with a toothbrush alone. Flossing will help prevent you developing gum disease – healthy gums are just as important as healthy teeth. One particular Oral-B toothbrush allows you to sync up your I phone with your phone so that you can monitor your brushing technique and time how long you brush.
- Use fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash. When it comes to your oral health routine, brushing really is the bare minimum. Using mouthwash will help cleanse your mouth of bacteria – particularly after you’ve flossed to get rid of the bits of food you’ve dislodged. Fluoride toothpaste has been proven to help strengthen tooth enamel and make it more resistant to decay.
We also offer a range of cosmetic and restorative treatments that can benefit your dental health and tooth aesthetics.
If you would like to arrange consultation for a check-up or for a different reason, please do not hesitate to contact us.