- The world of dentistry has evolved and changed significantly since the days of animal intestines and stone materials! Once upon a time, dentistry was the simple process of restoring teeth to a functional state using non-cosmetic-friendly materials like bulky dentures. Today, much of the focus is preventative, (which is why check-ups are so important) and necessary intervention is carried out to offer health and aesthetics with minimal invasiveness to the patient.
- Modern dentistry is an amalgam of art and science achieved by dentists and their support team in the form of hygienists and dental technicians who help increase patient awareness. Oral hygiene plays a big part in dental health, as the less bad bacteria present, the more chance your mouth has of staying disease-free.
- Our family practice here at Paul Lowe, was established in 1988 and has been delivering a high-standard, professional service ever since. Our team is made up of dedicated and passionate dentists, hygienists, technicians and receptionists who care about each and every patient. We offer specialist services and our dentist feature in 6 of the General Dental Council’s specialist lists.
- Our philosophy is based on striving to provide a first class level of service and support – we value the personal touch. As dental patients ourselves, we treat you as we would expect to be treated ourselves!
A little about practice owner, Paul Lowe.
- Paul Lowe – practice owner and dentist – Paul has over 35 years of experience in both dental and general hospitals and has a lot of passion for dentistry, which he also believes should be fun! Paul graduated in 1982 from Newcastle University, having won the class prize in oral physiology. Paul spent a year in New Zealand and returned to his home of the West Midlands to found the practice here in Solihull.
- Paul has studied with some of the most reputable clinicians in dentistry and is recognised as a registered specialist in oral surgery by the General Dental Council.